Our attorneys have a time-tested and result-oriented litigation capability in federal and state courts, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court and regulatory and arbitration forums. Our litigators have the ability to move rapidly to assess a situation and develop a strategy both in and out of the courtroom that produces effective results while being mindful of the risks, exposure, cost and efficiency for the client. Strategies are developed to ensure that the client’s end goals and business requirements are attained. Our attorneys have handled complex multi-forum disputes involving intensive document processing.
The litigation practice has engaged our attorneys in a broad range of disputes consistent with the banking, lending and corporate clients of the firm, including:
- Motor vehicle, equipment and aircraft financing
- Contract claims
- Enforcement of creditors’ rights and remedies
- Commercial torts
- Intellectual property
- International disputes
- False Claims Act – Qui tams
- Real estate
Our attorneys have prosecuted and defended litigations involving multi-million dollar claims, such as:
- Obtained numerous preliminary and permanent injunctions to preserve and then effect the turnover of banks’ and lenders’ collateral.
- Recovered money judgments against defaulted borrowers after securing preliminary and permanent injunctions to preserve the banks’ collateral.
- Expeditious favorable settlement of a purported class action brought against a motor vehicle dealer and lessor alleging violations of federal and state lending and leasing legislation.
- Defeated borrower’s multi-million dollar usury claim and recovered lender’s principal.
- Settlements nearing limits of coverage before trial, on directors’ and officers’ liability insurance policies.
- Judgment after a jury verdict in an action for conversion of bank collateral.
- Prevailed in a mandamus proceeding against the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles of the State of New York.
- Significant financial settlement for a distributorship on its counterclaims of fraud and breach of contract involving an international multi-level marketing company.
SCHICKLER & SCHICKLER PLLC
One Rockefeller Plaza
New York, New York 10020