Paul J. Vincenti
One Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10020
Paul J. Vincenti’s commercial practice focuses on all types of litigation, financial transactions, intellectual property, antitrust and trade regulation, securities, telecommunications and aerospace. Paul’s extensive litigation experience includes the representation of companies in complex disputes involving all types of federal and state commercial claims, such as breach of contract and fiduciary duty, trademark/trade dress and unfair competition infringement, lender liability and enforcement of creditors’ rights, securities and antitrust. Paul has litigated in numerous state, federal courts across the U.S. as well as in domestic arbitration proceedings, international alternative tribunals and before numerous U.S. governmental agencies. He has also managed multidistrict commercial litigation. Paul’s clients have included an international military defense, aircraft and satellite manufacturer; software developers; digital media advertising companies; telecommunications providers; a supply chain finance and working capital financial technology solution provider; clothing and footwear wholesalers; and jewelry wholesalers and retailers.
Paul is of Counsel to the firm.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of all claims against defendant satellite manufacturer in multi-million dollar shareholder derivative action in Delaware Court of Chancery for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and conspiracy.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissal of all claims against defendant footwear company in California state court group boycott action under California state antitrust law.
- Defeated motion for summary judgment and, following an evidentiary hearing, obtained order of attachment in federal court, New York, on behalf of plaintiff in securities fraud action against investment banker and issuer.
- Successfully represented officers and directors of public telecommunications company, obtaining dismissals of multi-million dollar breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims in New Jersey federal and state courts by venture capital investor.
- Obtained preliminary injunction for plaintiff-footwear company in trademark/trade dress infringement action against footwear retailer, and favorable settlement shortly thereafter.
- Successful prosecution of multi-million dollar collection matters in federal and state courts and arbitration proceedings.
- Obtained settlement for return of more than 90% of investor-plaintiff’s loss in NASD securities fraud arbitration against broker-dealer.
- Designed and implemented worldwide distribution system and retail concept store network for U.S. footwear manufacturer, including distribution supply and agency agreements, counseling on antitrust considerations, trademark licensing and intellectual property management, and coordination with laws of multiple jurisdictions in the U.S. and overseas.
- Represented aerospace company in review and assessment of subcontract for design and manufacture of components of NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope.
American Bar Association – Sections of Litigation (Commercial and Business Litigation Subcommittee), Antitrust (Joint Conduct, Trial Practice and Unilateral Conduct Committees) and Intellectual Property.
New York State Bar Association – Sections of Commercial & Federal Litigation and Antitrust Law
International Trademark Association – Unfair Competition Committee, Trade Dress Task Force
Partner: January 2001 to Present
Associate: February 1998 to January 2001
Aerosoles, Edison, New Jersey
On-Site Corporate Counsel: February 1996 to February 1998
New York University, (Phi Alpha Theta)
Brooklyn Law School
District of Columbia
U.S. Courts of Appeal – Second, Eleventh and Federal Circuits
U.S. District Courts – Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, District of New Jersey